Saturday 8 December 2018

Because She is a woman


The night was still as the grave and the only sound was the harsh words he was throwing to her.
But she kept still as the night she was in,

There was relation between her and the darkness out there
"you are a woman, my wife, I bought you, I paid for you"
She has no choice but to submit.

All her life that's what she been told "listen to your husband, he is your master, he paid for you"
But she suffer in silence because she is a woman, a commodity, part of the merchandiser wares,.
Squashed down because she is a woman.

"I don't have to pay you for the work that you do in the company , I paid your father enough to make you do what I want." he said... "But I also have my needs" she responded "I can not continue asking you for permission to use some of the money I work for in our company, I can't continue slaving simply because I'm your wife"she turns around tries to walk away, the stillness of the night was interrupted by a loud thunder, it exorcise her from the comfort of her thoughts... It took her a moment to realize that he had slapped her so hard that she started bleeding.... She mumbled something but he didn't care to listen,

"Spare me" she cried out loud"I'm your wife"......The look in his eyes was that of a monster, wicked and full of hate. 
He punched her on and on and on with no remorse, screaming obscenities and slurs.
He is the man...... 
He stamps out his authority, a woman is his commodity not worthy of any respect whatsoever. 
Because she is a woman,all she did wrong was ask for payment in the World Of Work. 
Because of her gender she was violated and trampled on.. But why? 

Because she asked a pay instead of begging a man for exoneration. Is she not human after all, does she not deserve remuneration, is this her sin. 

She picked herself up and blood spats all over her dressed, looked him straight in the eye, he was panting now like a bull, tired and sweaty "this is the last time you ever lay your hands on me" 

#HearMeToo 

Matupire Admire
©️Matupire Diaries 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Iam a Woman

Today I received flowers it was not my birthday nor was it my anniversary. Today I received flowers it wasn’t my graduation nor was it my ...